The annual award program recognizes United States and Canada carriers for service quality and operational excellence based on a variety of metrics, including on-time performance, customer service, economic value, claims handling, and commitment to innovation.
Press Energy provides oilfield services in the Permian Basin, Anadarko Basin, Arkoma Basin, and on the Gulf Coast. The company hauls produced water, fresh water, brine water, flowback water, mud, cuttings, and chemicals in vacuum trailers; and transport crude oil “in field,” and for marketeers, producers, and refiners.
“Technology and innovation have never been more important in the transportation and logistics industry,” said Dave Belter, vice president and general manager of transportation management for Ryder. “In fact, they’ve become critical drivers of performance, value, and service. That’s why our leading carriers have adopted RyderShare—the ultimate digital platform for visibility, collaboration, and exception management.
“It’s the gold standard for our transportation management partners, and those who have adopted the one-of-a-kind technology are reaping the benefits of streamlined communications, improved productivity, increased cost savings, and unrivaled customer service.”
Ryder manages a network of thousands of carriers to help move more than $7 billion in freight purchased and/or executed on behalf of its customers annually. The recipients of this year’s Ryder Carrier Quality Awards are:
- Most Innovative Carrier of the Year: Cowan Systems
- National Dry Van Carrier of the Year: Mesilla Valley Transportation
- Regional Dry Van Carrier of the Year: Erives Enterprises
- Intermodal Carrier of the Year: J.B. Hunt Transport
- Refrigerated Carrier of the Year: Prime, Inc.
- Flatbed Carrier of the Year: Melton Truck Lines
- National LTL Carrier of the Year: Estes Express Lines
- Regional LTL Carrier of the Year: Dayton Freight Lines
- Oil & Gas Carrier of the Year:Press Energy Services
- Canadian Truckload Carrier of the Year: Charger Logistics
- Canadian LTL Carrier of the Year: Consolidated Fastfrate
- Freight Forwarder of the Year: Masterpiece International
- Maritime Carrier of the Year: Pilot Freight Services
“Cowan Systems is proud to be recognized as Ryder’s Most Innovative Carrier of the Year,” said Chris Hichew, director of IT business solutions for Cowan. “Driven by our entrepreneurial spirit, we continue to make substantial investments in our internal technical teams and capabilities in support of our company vision to be the carrier of choice for both our customers and our drivers. We look forward to our continued partnership with Ryder as we work together to further embrace technology and innovation in the pursuit of delivering the quality of service and value that our mutual customers have come to expect.”