Trimac Transportation recently received an Achievement of Excellence award for training and skills development from Trucking HR Canada during the organization’s 10th annual Top Fleet Employers gala in Toronto, Canada.
The award highlights Trimac’s dedication to supporting its employees and creating a culture of continuous learning, offering career growth opportunities and implementing performance management and training programs. Trimac offers mentorship opportunities, formal coaching, leadership training, and maintains a library of 53 option courses covering a variety of topics, according to a report.
“We’re incredibly honored to have received the Achievement of Excellence award for training and development this year, especially as we mark our fifth year in the program,” Rhonda Leason, Trimac VP of people and culture, said in a news release. “This recognition is a testament to our unwavering commitment to nurturing talent, fostering growth, and pushing the boundaries of excellence in our industry.
“We take pride in our team’s dedication and innovation in creating industry-class training and development programs.”
The Top Fleet Employer program is a national initiative that recognizes the importance of effective human resources (HR) policies and practices in the trucking and logistics industry. This is Trimac’s second consecutive win since entering the program in 2018. Trimac was awarded the Achievement of Excellence HR innovator award last year.
The 2023 Top Fleet Employer award recipients included:
- Top small fleet: Trans4 Group
- Top medium fleet: XTL Transport
- Top large fleet: Challenger Motor Freight
- Top private fleet/fleet services: Walmart Fleets
Achievements of Excellence awards:
- HR innovator: ONE for Freight
- Workplace wellness and mental health: Whitecourt Transport
- Employee engagement: Polaris Transportation Group
- Workplace diversity and inclusion: Midland Transport
- Training and skills development: Trimac Transportation
- Workplace culture: Steve’s Livestock Transport
- Women in the workplace: Bison Transport
- HR leadership: Caron Transportation Systems
- HR leader of the year: Dave Dietrich, The Erb Group of Companies
Special award for 10 years in the TFE program: Bison Transport, C.A.T., Home Hardware Stores Limited, Kindersley Transport, Kriska Holdings, Logikor, The Erb Group of Companies, and Transpro Freight Systems