The industry veteran succeeds Ventura Transfer Company’s Randall J. “Randy” Clifford.
In accepting the nomination, Evans acknowledged Clifford’s efforts to address tank truck industry challenges and drive membership growth and success as the association’s 2022-23 chairman—a mission Evans vowed to continue.
“I would like to extend my heartfelt thanks to Randy for his dedicated service and leadership,” Evans said during NTTC’s 2023 Annual Conference & Exhibits. “It is an immense honor to be chosen as the 76th chairman of National Tank Truck Carriers. I am humbled by the trust my colleagues have placed in me, especially during these challenging times.”
Recognizing the industry’s current landscape, Evans addressed the pressing issues faced by the tank truck industry, including driver shortages, regulatory constraints, fuel costs, and the uncertain political climate. However, he expressed his optimism, emphasizing the strength of the organization and the ability to overcome these challenges through collaboration and unity.
“By working together, we can overcome the obstacles that lie ahead and propel our industry to even greater heights,” Evans said. “The NTTC is poised to lead the way, leveraging our collective expertise and advocating for our members’ interests at the national level.”
With a career that spans decades, Herb Evans brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to his new role, NTTC said. He understands the value NTTC provides to members and is committed to further enhancing the association’s impact.
“Our future is bright,” he remarked. “NTTC plays a pivotal role in fostering collaboration, providing a unified voice for the industry, and delivering value to our members. I am dedicated to building upon these achievements and taking our association to new levels of success.”
Evans is supported in his role by NTTC’s 2023-24 Executive Committee, which includes:
- Executive Committee chair: Randy Clifford, Ventura Transfer
- NTTC chairman of the board: Herb Evans, Eagle Transport
- First vice-chair: Michael Salz, Linden Bulk Transportation
- Vice-chair: J. Ward Best, Atlantic Bulk Carrier
- Vice-chair: David Price, United Petroleum Transports
- Secretary: Jeremy Mairs, Cox Petroleum Transport
- Treasurer: Matt Faure, Trimac Transportation
- At-large: Greg Hodgen, Groendyke Transport
- At-large: Grant Mitchell, Kenan Advantage Group
- At-large: Patrick Usher, Usher Transport
- Nominating Committee chair: Rob Sandlin, Florida Rock & Tank Lines
- Audit Committee chair: Harold Sumerford, Jr., J&M Tank Lines
- Advocacy Committee chair: John Whittington, Grammer Logistics
- Young Executives Committee chair: Marshall Franklin, Highway Transport
- President and CEO: Ryan Streblow