Haslet, Texas-based tank trailer manufacturer Stephens Pneumatics now is offering bulk fleets the option of spec’ing newly built dry bulk and liquid tank trailers with ConMet Digital’s telematics system through a new partnership.
“We are excited to offer our customers the added visibility and safety benefits that ConMet Digital data solutions provide,” said Stan Stephens, Stephens Pneumatics president. “ConMet Digital services complement our high level of expertise, reliability, and service that our clients have come to associate with the Stephens name.”
The companies said their partnership is built on a foundation of shared goals and values, including a focus on making roads safer through a combination of “high-quality products, attentive and customized service, and innovative solutions.”
ConMet Digital products provide fleet managers, drivers, and dispatchers with real-time vehicle visibility, including critical component condition and asset location. Offerings include:
- The PreSet Plus SmartHub provides fleets visibility into the condition of the wheel-end ecosystem, including hubs, tires, and brakes. Real-time alerts of any abnormalities give drivers or maintenance managers a chance to act before roadside repairs, thermal events, and wheel-offs happen.
- SmartTrack asset management provides accurate, up-to-the-minute GPS location to maximize productivity and monitor driver behavior. This solution provides insights such as asset speed and elevation, total distance traveled, and custom geofence alerts. The GPS location can help quickly find drivers that have been in an accident and aid in theft recovery, elevating safety and security.
- The SmartAir TPMS sends alerts when tire pressure falls outside of a predetermined pressure range, helping fleets make more informed tire maintenance decisions to extend tire life, improve fuel efficiency, and increase safety.
- SmartAir line pressure monitoring provides real-time visibility into emergency brake air pressure status. With this solution fleets and drivers can view alerts and analyze trend data during pre-trip or maintenance checks and, while in motion, take corrective action to optimize emergency brake performance.
- The SmartAir axle load solution provides real-time, air-suspension-based axle load monitoring. Alerts enable pre-trip load adjustments to reduce overweight fines and violations.
Fleets are connected to actionable intelligence through a single-screen experience, accessible through the user’s preferred dashboard on computer, tablet, or smartphone, ConMet added. The ConMet Digital dashboard allows fleet managers, maintenance managers, or dispatchers to access real-time insights, notification history, and historical trends of multiple assets in one location, while the ConMet Digital Driver Mobile Application assists with pre-trip inspections and sends drivers real-time alerts when action is needed on the road.
Users also can set alerts to distribute via email and SMS text message.
“Our goal at ConMet Digital is to help fleets make data-driven decisions that lead to improvements in utilization, uptime, safety, and maintenance,” said Paul Washicko, vice president and general manager at ConMet Digital. “We’re proud to partner with Stephens and together be able to meet the unique needs of the tanker-trailer segment, where safety is a top priority.”