Rolling Strong, a provider of wellness programs for transportation companies, now is offering personal protective equipment (PPE) for fleets and drivers through its online store.
“The COVID-19 crisis has added a new dimension to health and wellness for the nation’s fleets and their drivers, who remain on the front lines hauling and delivering essential goods and supplies,” said Stephen Kane, president of Rolling Strong. “Statistically, professional drivers have higher rates of diabetes, heart disease and obesity, they have challenges getting the proper amount of rest, exercise and nutrition, and they travel far more miles than anyone else.
“All of that can make it more difficult to battle the coronavirus, so offering personal protective equipment at reasonable prices is an important part of helping make the safety of professional drivers a top priority during this outbreak.
The online Rolling Strong shop now is offering a variety of PPE items at prices that reflect the volume discounts the company secured from suppliers. Included are masks, gloves, hand sanitizer and disposable thermometers.
Rolling Strong also established a task force to help educate drivers on best practices for staying healthy on the road and taking precautions to remain safe. COVID-19 Support includes an educational series, promoting relevant information from partners and health officials, and making wellness coaches available to help reduce stress and provide support.
Partner and resource links for up-to-date information about the coronavirus that are available from Rolling Strong cover a range of topics, including health screening services, tips for talking to kids, and an EPA-approved disinfectant list. The company also produced a series of videos on the following subjects:
- What Can I Do to Prevent the Coronavirus
- Shield Against the Coronavirus
- DIY Hand Sanitizer
- 5 Foods to Avoid and 10 Foods to Add In If You’re Sick
- Prepare But Don’t Panic 4 Things You Should Have
- Start Boosting Your Immune System Now
- DIY Phone Disinfectant
- Importance of Exercise During this Pandemic
- Precautions to Take at Truck Stops
- Good Nutrition During The Pandemic
- Washing Your Hands
- Simple Stretching Routines
- How to Take Care of Your Mental Health During the Pandemic
- Simple Routine Using A Resistance Band
- Simple Routine Using A Dumbbell
- Easy Ways to Exercise During Coronavirus
“The country is now depending more than ever on professional drivers to deliver food, medical supplies and other necessities,” Kane said. “With these new offerings, we are expanding our health and wellness mobile app to support drivers during the COVID-19 pandemic.”