Employees of P & R Tank Lines of Baltimore Inc have elected Bill Cooper as the company's 2001 Driver of the Year. Only drivers who qualified for safe driving awards (those with no preventable collisions during 2001) were eligible for the Driver of the Year award. Each driver who got an award for safe driving was given a plaque with his name and number of consecutive years of safe driving. They also received a denim shirt, monogrammed with the P & R logo and the information on the plaque.
As Driver of The Year, Cooper received a plaque, jacket, Driver of The Year decal (for his truck), basket of goodies from the Traffic Department, $100 to dress up the outside of his truck, and dinner for two at Phillips Harborplace Restaurant at Baltimore's Inner Harbor (plus a limo for the evening).
Safe driving awards went to:
- Herb Geddis, one year
- Robert Hawkins, one year
- George Durden, two years/two consecutive
- Tracy Phillips, two years/one consecutive
- Michael Dingley, three years/three consecutive
- Robert Monroe, three years/three consecutive
- Bill Cooper, four years/four consecutive
- Tony Marsiglia, four years/three consecutive
- Rick McKay, eight years/five consecutive