Gorilla Safety, a provider of fleet management software, recently made its mobile application and web-based dashboard available in Mexico.
The company’s cloud-based solution integrates the capabilities necessary for “safely and efficiently” managing short- and long-haul vehicle fleets of any size into one platform. All constituents involved in the fleet management process—fleet managers, office staff, drivers, mechanics and owner operators—can use Gorilla Safety for helping to improve their operations.
“Now, we are able to bring our novel solution to fleets throughout Mexico to help them adhere to the SCT’s new HOS rules,” said Mark Walton, Gorilla Safety co-founder and CEO.
“The singular goal of Gorilla Safety is to ensure roads become safer, which was the driving force behind our innovation. Using proprietary technology, automation and paperless record-keeping and documentation processes that ensure accuracy and safety, Gorilla Safety will now work closely with Mexico-based fleets of varying size as they learn to adapt to these new rules.”
The launch of Gorilla Safety’s fleet solution in Mexico comes as new regulations are being imposed on Mexican truckers and fleets by the Secretariat of Communications and Transportation (SCT) of Mexico. According to the National Association of Private Transport (ANTP), effective September 1, NOM-SCT-2-087-2017 requires drivers to rest for 30 minutes after driving for five consecutive hours.
Detailed specifics of the new rule are available here.
Fatigue is a major cause of motor vehicle accidents in Mexico, which is the reason for the SCT’s initiation of these regulations. Mexico is adopting similar hours-of-service standards to the rules the US has had in place for decades, with the inclusion of a 30-minute break requirement.
Gorilla Safety’s technology platform, available in Spanish, is accessible from iOS and Android smartphones and tablets, as well as by computer via a web-based dashboard. From the palm of one’s hand, Gorilla Safety users can perform a range of functions pertinent to the management of large fleets, by leveraging advanced features that allow for:
- Recording hours of service electronically through eLogs, Electronic Logging Devices (ELD) or Local Radius Platform
- Managing accidents through real-time reporting, real-time investigation and recount of accident/data collection at the scene, with ability to upload photos and record testimony of incident
- Automated pre- and post-trip inspections through Electronic Daily Vehicle Inspection Report (eDVIR), integrating mechanic app in real-time
- Tracking of fuel use and vehicle maintenance
- Using GPS to track fleet assets
- Incorporation of self-certified, ELD-compliant device that meets guidelines set forth by the US Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) ELD Mandate
- Development and storage of critical (paperless) documentation, i.e. receipts, bills of lading, customized policies and procedures manuals, HR-required documents, training tools, etc., enabling app to be used as a proficient HR management tool for training/managing employees; and citing and storing violations
- Sharing information among permissible, granted users so everyone is on the same platform, has access to the same data at the same time and receives customized alerts/notifications to remain compliant and productive
“Gorilla Safety leads the way in the US in automating what was once a cumbersome paper-laden process that had long been the standard in the trucking industry,” Walton said. “Since our launch in 2016, Gorilla Safety has been helping thousands of fleets improve safety, remain compliant with evolving transportation regulations and streamline their operations.”
The Gorilla Safety solution can be purchased in Mexico by clicking here.