Polar Service Centers (PSC) says it is accelerating its “already-aggressive” expansion, adding new sites, facilities and partnerships in a flurry of moves within the last 12 months designed to meet growing demand.
The latest additions extend PSC’s network, which already is the largest in the US for tank truck and trailer parts and repair facilities, according to the company.
“We’re making a significant investment in growing our footprint and our product offerings,” said Jerry Cignarella, president of Polar Service Centers. “Building our network means that our customers will never have to look far to find the service and parts they need. This investment underscores our commitment to lead the industry.”
Thus far in 2019, Polar Service Centers has built, acquired or enhanced these key locations:
- Cherry Hill NJ—Expanded the building and added four new service bays.
- Odessa TX—Built a new facility with 16 service bays. Two tank washing bays will be added in late 2019.
- Augusta GA—Added six service bays. Two tank washing bays are planned for late 2019.
- Charlotte NC—Added a new site, which is co-located with Express Container Service, a tank wash.
- Griffin GA—Acquired C&R Fleet Services, which offers repair and maintenance on all classes of trucks, trailers and cargo tanks. A NITSA-registered final stage manufacturer, C&R builds trucks for a wide variety of custom applications.
Within the last 12 months, Polar Service Centers also expanded its bulk unloading products:
- Reaffirmed a distribution agreement with Tuthill Blowers, which allows PSC to market Tuthill transport blowers in all or parts of 24 states.
- Formalized a partnership with Ingersoll Rand for liquid tanker compressor products in the US, making PSC Ingersoll Rand’s exclusive partner in the United States for the SV200 line of oil-free rotary sliding vane compressors.
- Completed an agreement with APSCO to sell their line of hydraulic oil coolers and accessories.
- Introduced the TankGuard line of products exclusively for the bulk transportation market.
With this expansion, Polar Service Centers now offers 30 locations throughout the US.
“PSC aims to reach more tank truck and trailer customers than ever, meeting their needs for parts, service, tank washing and used equipment,” the company said.