The US Department of Transportation’s Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) announced dates for its electronic logging device (ELD) Implementation National Tour--a public education and outreach campaign geared towards helping commercial motor vehicle (CMV) drivers transition to ELDs.
In several cities across the country, FMCSA subject matter experts will lead driver-focused presentations and panel discussions on ELD implementation.
As required by law, all carriers subject to the ELD Rule must convert from paper logs or logging software to a registered ELD if they do not have an Automatic On-Board Recording Device (AOBRD) by December 18, 2017.
FMCSA agency staff at their interactive exhibit booth will answer questions, provide consumer-friendly resources and materials, and review drivers’ and carriers’ responsibilities.
FMCSA’s ELD Implementation National Tour dates and locations are as follows:
• July 13-15 – Iowa 80 Truckstop Jamboree (Walcott IA)
• August 24-26 – Great American Trucking Show (Dallas TX)
• September 25-27 – North American Commercial Vehicle Show (Atlanta GA)
• October 14-15 – California Trucking Show (Ontario, CA)
• October 21-24 – American Trucking Associations Management Conference & Exhibition (Orlando FL)
• November 6-8 – Women in Trucking Accelerate! Conference & Expo (Kansas City MO)
For more information, please visit www.fmcsa.dot.gov/ELD.