LSP Transport continues to garner elite recognition.
During the same week in which the company secured National Tank Truck Carriers’ Sutherland division (under 15 million miles) North American safety championship, two LSP professionals, Gary Coulter and Joe Maple, earned the National Private Truck Council’s Certified Transportation Professional (CTP) designation.
Maple was on hand to accept NTTC’s safety award June 15 in Indianapolis.
The two LSP employees were among 39 transportation professionals to receive the prestigious designation from the NPTC Institute. A graduation ceremony took place during the NPTC Annual Education Management Conference and Exhibition, held June 13-15 in Cincinnati.
Other companies with bulk tank fleets that had professionals achieving CTP status include ADM Trucking, Messer, CLI Transport and Blossman Gas.
LSP Transport, established in 2015, is the in-house fleet for LiquidPower Specialty Products Inc. (LSPI).
Since the CTP designation was introduced in 1993, nearly 1,500 fleet and transportation professionals have earned the right to add CTP after their name. CTPs are raising industry standards, and in turn, increasing the respect and prestige of the fleet and transportation profession.
“These new Certified Transportation Professionals have demonstrated the knowledge and ability to understand complex operational and regulatory issues, identify and evaluate potential costs and savings, and develop systems and practices that best meet their company’s transportation needs and objectives,” said Mari Roberts, CTP, senior director of transportation for Frito-Lay, and chair of the NPTC Institute Board of Governors that oversees the program. “The CTP designation is a benchmark of excellence earned by a special few, but available to any fleet or transportation specialist willing to make the necessary commitment of dedicated effort.”
Each year, FleetOwner sponsors the CTP Top Graduate Award. This year’s Top Graduate was Amanda Lung, CTP and SC fleet senior manager for Pepsi Beverages Company.
The following individuals represent the CTP Class of 2021:
- Mary Akhavan, CTP – FleetNet America
- Rich Belmarez, CTP – Dairy Farmers of America
- Jeremy Cathey, CTP – Valley Proteins
- Philip Condron, CTP – Composites One
- Gary Coulter, CTP – LSP Transport
- Todd Flechsig, CTP – PACCAR Leasing Corporation
- Ben Freeman, CTP – ADICA Trucking
- Jacob Fry, CTP – ADM Trucking
- Luis Gonzalez, CTP – Sauder Transport Company
- Steve Gunter, CTP – Albertsons Companies
- Chris Hamilton, CTP – Omnitracs
- Mark Hopkins, CTP – GAF Corp. / Hawk Logistics Solutions
- Scott Howarth, CTP – Trimble Transportation
- Marsel Hoxha, CTP – Cumberland Farms
- Paul Hunger, CTP – Composites One
- Jeffery Irwin, CTP – Walgreen Oshkosh
- Jonathan Kester, CTP – Pepsi Beverages Co.
- James Ledbetter, CTP – Centerline Drivers
- Estefany Loza, CTP – GAF Corp. / Hawk Logistics Solutions
- Joe Maple, CTP – LSP Transport
- John Micklus, CTP – Messer
- Christopher Olin, CTP – Upstate Niagara Coop.
- Greg Oster, CTP – Sheetz Inc./CLI Transport
- Roy Price, CTP – McKee Foods Transportation
- Tremone Proctor, CTP – The Home Depot
- Cathy Ratchford, CTP – Pepsi Beverages Company
- Tyler Raulerson, CTP – Harris Teeter
- Stephen Roberts, CTP – Allison Transmission
- Al Rocco, CTP – Oldcastle Building Products
- Shelby Romanik, CTP – Idelic
- Wilmer Sampson, CTP – Valley Proteins
- Nicole Schubring, CTP – America’s Service Line
- Joe Shawley, CTP – Talon Logistics / Giant Eagle
- Brandon Sigmon, CTP – Oldcastle Building Products
- Christie Slattery, CTP – FleetNet America
- Juan Tijerina, CTP – PACCAR Leasing Company
- Eddie Waldrop, CTP – Blossman Gas
- Matthew Wiedmeyer, CTP – Fleet Advantage