The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA) will host its 2022 Chemical Security Summit virtually and in-person Aug. 23-25 in the National Capital Region.
The Summit, which is free to attend and open to the public, is expected to include participants from across the spectrum of sectors that deal with chemical security—including chemical, energy, communications, transportation, and water—who will hear about the most recent program and regulatory updates, share perspectives and lessons learned, and engage in dialogue regarding chemical security.
Chemical and related industry stakeholders; corporate and facility security officers; and environment, health, and safety professionals are encouraged to attend.
Sessions will discuss and share the latest in chemical security best practices, including:
- The state of chemical security—updates for the Chemical Facility Anti-Terrorism Standards (CFATS) program and CISA’s new, completely voluntary chemical security initiative, ChemLock
- Reflecting on 15 years of CFATS
- Case studies from industry representatives
- Cyber incident response
- A deep dive into the CFATS Risk-Based Performance Standards (RBPS) and best practices
- Chemical and emerging threats briefings
- Cyber hygiene resources
Registration is expected to open soon, CISA said.