The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) announced that its public meeting, “The FMCSA 2020 Trucking Safety Summit,” will be held virtually through GoToWebinar on Aug. 5 from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. EDT to discuss how to improve safe operation of property-carrying commercial motor vehicles on the road.
The virtual sessions will provide motor carriers, drivers, safety technology developers and users, safety advocacy groups and more — as well as members of the public – an opportunity to share their ideas on improving trucking safety.
The 2020 Trucking Safety Summit was originally scheduled for March 19 and was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
After using the links below to register, a confirmation email will be delivered containing more detailed information about joining the webinar.
- 9:00-10:00 a.m. – Introduction + Association Perspective: Moderated by Deputy Administrator Jim Mullen with Dan Furth of NTTC, Steve Owings of Road Safe America and Lewie Pugh of OOIDA as panelists.
- 10:10-10:55 a.m. – What’s Working I: Moderated by Steve Parker with Thomas DiSalvi of Schneider National, Steve Fields of YRCW, Jamie Maus of Werner and Dean Newell, Maverick as panelists.
- 11:05-11:50 a.m. – What’s Working II: Moderated by Shannon Watson with Ingrid Brown of Rollin’ B, Dave Edmondson of J&M Truck Group and Brett Sant of Knight-Swift Transportation Holdings Inc. as panelists.
- 11:50 a.m. – 12:30 p.m. Lunch break
- 12:30-12:50 p.m. – Special Guest Speakers: FHWA Administrator & NHTSA Deputy Administrator
- 1:00-1:50 p.m. – State Partner Discussion: Moderated by Thomas Liberatore with Collin Mooney of CVSA, Jon Olsen of Minnesota State Patrol and Jeremy Vickery of Georgia Department of Public Safety as panelists.
- 2:00-2:50 p.m. – Technology: Moderated by Jeff Loftus with Richard Beyer of Bendix, Ritchie Huang of Daimler, and Greer Woodruff of JB Hunt as panelists.
- 3:00-3:50 p.m. – Florida Safety Story: Moderated Jeff Sanderson with Kenneth Armstrong of Florida Trucking Association, Mike Cobb of Landstar Transportation Logistics, Jeffery Dixon of Florida Highway Patrol, Jeff Sanderson of FMCSA Florida Division
- 4:00-4:30 p.m. – Open Forum for Public Comment: Moderated by Heather Eilers-Bowser
For information on services for individuals with disabilities or to request special assistance at the meeting, please contact this email address by August 3.