Gilbarco Veeder-Root has shipped its first Encore S Diesel Exhaust Fluid (DEF) dispensers for North America. DEF will be required for many heavy transport trucks equipped with Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technology to reduce emissions beginning in January 2010. Knoxville TN-based Pilot Travel Centers announced in August its rollout of the new Gilbarco Encore S DEF dispensers at 100 locations.
Gilbarco’s Encore S DEF dispensers offer a familiar design for consistency with existing brand image at the forecourt and intuitive customer use. Integrated CRIND card reader in dispenser payment options leverage existing interfaces to payment and fleet card networks, alphanumeric keypad applications, and loyalty programs supported by the retailer’s existing point of sale system.
The new dispenser is designed specifically to prevent DEF freezing and crystallization with a thermostat-controlled, heated cabinet and specially designed optional hanging hardware. The Encore S DEF dispenser’s hydraulics are stainless steel to protect against corrosion. A new stainless steel mass flow meter measures DEF accurately and reliably and is Weights & Measures-approved. Options include:
- CRIND card reader in dispenser with 5.7" monochrome or 10.4" color screens
- Bar-code scanner
- Alphanumeric keypad for entry of VIN or FlexPay Encrypting PIN Pad for PCI-compliant PIN-based debit
- FlexPay Secure Card Reader •Contactless card reader
- Call button
- Intercom speakers
- Five-button/incremental programmable preset
- Two-level price posting for cash and credit pricing
Visit www.gilbarco.com for more details.