Agility Fuel Systems, a developer and manufacturer of natural gas fuel systems for heavy-duty vehicles in North America, announced February 28 at the American Trucking Association’s Technology and Maintenance Council (TMC) Exhibition in Nashville TN, the launch of their new state-of-the-art 2016 160 DGE behind-the-cab compressed natural gas (CNG) fuel system.
This 160 diesel gallon equivalent CNG fuel system from Agility delivers the most efficient package of any CNG heavy-duty vehicle system on the road today. The new system is mounted up to six inches closer to the cab for improved aerodynamics and leaving more available rail space. Weighing just 2,150 pounds, this is the lightest in the industry. Its compact design sets the bar in performance, durability and safety while also filling significantly faster than competition.
“Our vision is to transform the transportation world by designing the most innovative, clean natural gas systems in the market today to ensure a more sustainable future tomorrow,” said Kathleen Ligocki, chief executive officer of Agility Fuel Systems. “Our latest product, the 2016 Behind-the-Cab 160 DGE CNG fuel system offers our customers a unique value proposition in performance, weight, fill time, durability and aesthetic--well ahead of the curve in our industry.”
This new CNG system from Agility boasts the following key features:
- Industry’s lightest: Coming in at only 2,150 pounds.
- More Compact design: Mounted up to six inches closer to the cab, it offers improved aerodynamics and more available rail space.
- Fastest fills: Up to 13% faster fill-ups than the nearest competitor.
- More durability: Aircraft-grade aluminum structure mounted on rubber isolators to reduce stress on components.
- Reduced stress: Neck-mounted, anti-tank spin design eliminates tank rotation that can stress fuel lines.
- Best hardware: Geomet coated fasteners offer the ultimate in corrosion protection.
- Outstanding finish: Pretreated aluminum covers painted at our automated world-class, automotive-grade paint facility.
- Most reliable: Track-tested for one million miles.