The American Trucking Associations’ Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) recently crowned Kelby Bentley as the TMCSuperTech 2019 Grand Champion.
The FedEx Freight technician placed first in a crowded field of 87 techs competing in the final rounds of the Heavy-Duty Track.
Bentley was joined on the victory podium by FedEx Freight’s Joseph Paul, who placed first in the Trailer Track; Clarke Power Services’ Aaron Burdick, who placed first in the Light and Medium Track; and Lincoln Technical Institute’s Travis Cox, who was first in the student competition, sponsored by the TechForce Foundation.
“On behalf of TMC, I’m thrilled to congratulate Kelby Bentley on achieving top honors at this year’s competition, earning the title TMCSuperTech Grand Champion,” said Robert Braswell, TMC’s executive director. “This competition features the most skilled and knowledgeable truck technicians the industry has to offer, and this award is a testament to Kelby’s professional talent and a distinguished milestone in his career.”
In addition, the FedEx Freight team of Larry Coatney and Kelby Bentley placed first among companies designating as teams for the competition.
The Heavy-Duty Track teams finished in the following order:
- FedEx Freight, Larry Coatney and Kelby Bentley, 3,581 points
- TA Petro, Mike Gavrieldies and Joseph Anderson, 3,258
- Clarke Power Services, Kyle Ballard and Josh Keiser, 3,057
- Dickinson Fleet Services, Jeremy Piepmeir and Jose Feliciano, 2,896
- Old Dominion Freight Line, Aaron Cummins and Jason Vanderhoof, 2,884
- Truck Center Companies, Jeff Schlecht and Andrew Brown, 2,867
For the full list of finishers for all tracks and individual station winners, visit trucking.org/article/TMC-Announces-TMCSuperTech-2019-Grand-Champion.