Pressure Systems International (PSI) recently unveiled its latest tire management tool.
The newly launched TireView LIVE tire analytics platform allows commercial fleet operators to see and analyze the health of their tires, PSI said. Combined with its TireView tire pressure monitoring system (TPMS), TireView LIVE allows commercial fleet operators to view and analyze tire history and tire health online in real time.
The company said the new feature is critical in evaluating whether immediate action is required, or if a repair can be scheduled for later.
“TireView LIVE is far more than a simple low-pressure alert,” said Jim Sharkey, vice president of global sales and marketing. “It provides the entire story. The next opportunity for fleets to save money is to deliver real-time data to the office, where they can make faster and better-informed decisions, and let the driver focus on driving.”
TireView LIVE was developed to be the primary, fleet-wide solution for tire management, providing:
- Data accumulation—The system provides a data analytics platform that allows fleets to track and manage tire performance, and provide fleet management the ability to compile historical data for pressure and temperature for their tires.
- Categorized assets—Equipped vehicles can be grouped for optimized tire analytics, such as tractor vs trailer, or long-haul vs P&D. This ability provides increased accuracy of data to make it more understandable for effective decision making.
- User-specified alerts—The platform includes easily modified threshold settings for all parameters, for the entire fleet. There is no need to reset such alerts for individual vehicles.
- Notification flexibility—Event types can be set individually or combined to generate a grid alert or email alerts to one or multiple recipients to optimize fleet management. They can also be sent via text messages to key people within an organization, such as various repair shops to generate work orders.
- Telematics partners—PSI is establishing telematics integration partners to collect data from the vehicles, and reduce telematics hardware, related fees and typical platform sign-ins
- Independent platform updates—Updates and modifications to the TireView LIVE platform are made quickly and independently of the telematics platform. This means that fleets don’t have to wait for new versions to be rolled out.
“Both ATIS and TPMS solutions are largely reactionary in nature,” said Jonathan Gravell, vice president of business development. “TireView LIVE is the tool that allows fleets to get ahead of problems before they become mission-critical. The ability for our customers to customize their tire management solutions from a single systems provider is increasingly important. We are continuing to expand that product portfolio and industry partnerships.”