Heniff Transportation Systems recently revealed the recipients of its Heniff Scholarship Program awards for the upcoming 2023-2024 academic year.
The program was established in 2017 to offer tuition assistance to children of the company’s employees for continuing education in college or vocational school programs. To date, the program has awarded $330,000 in scholarship money to more than fifty recipients, the carrier said.
“Congratulations to all of our worthy scholars,” said Bob Heniff, founder and CEO of Heniff Transportation. “It’s really gratifying to see so many members of the Heniff family of companies who have benefitted from this program over the years.”
Heniff Scholarship award winners are selected based on varied criteria that include academic performance, participation and leadership in school and community activities, work experience, and noteworthy personal or family circumstances. Scholars can apply tuition assistance toward study at accredited two- or four-year colleges, universities, or vocational-technical schools.
The program is managed by Scholarship America, a non-profit organization that helps students fulfill their college dreams. The organization works with partners like the Heniff family of companies to lower barriers to a college education and give students the support needed to succeed.
The 2023-2024 Heniff Scholarship Program award winners are:
- Colby Allen, Cornell College
- Sofia Arroyo, DePaul University
- Mary Anne Biggio, University of Louisville
- Benjamin Bublitz, Ferrum College
- Eveie Futrell, North Carolina State University
- Paige Gibson, undecided
- Braden Harbin, Old Dominion University
- Erica Lagerlof-Perez, University of Illinois
- Peter Lange, Purdue University
- Jackson Parrot, Bradley University
- Marisa Sena, Marquette University