Horton Inc, a provider of cooling products for diesel engines, celebrated its 50th anniversary and grand opening of a new corporate facility with an open house Sept 29, 2001, in Minneapolis MN.
The company's history dates to 1902. Originally a wagon body builder, the firm was liquidated and dismantled in 1951. That same year, Hugh K Schilling and some investor associates purchased the remnants of the company. Beginning then with three employees and no machines, Horton now has a worldwide presence and a technical center.