Bridgestone Americas Inc (Bridgestone) launched two new ultra widebase tires--the Greatec M835A Ecopia tire for the drive position and the Greatec R197 Ecopia tire for the trailer position.
Designed for use on tandem-axel applications in longhaul service, the new Greatec ultra widebase Ecopia tires are built for better fuel efficiency and deliver up to 20% longer wear life than the previous generation offering. In addition, the trailer tire delivers 6% better rolling resistance than the previous tire.
“Our new offerings in the ultra widebase tire category cater to the growing need of longhaul fleets to increase freight loads at a higher weight level,” said Eric Higgs, vice-president of commercial marketing, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations. “The new Greatec tires are designed to maximize performance and fuel efficiency available at the same cost as the previous generation. When paired with a Bandag retread, our newest Greatec tires can help reduce the total cost of tire ownership significantly.”
The Greatec M835A Ecopia tire and the Greatec R197 Ecopia tire are built with advanced technology including:
- High rigidity tread pattern for long tread life, overall even wear and low rolling resistance;
- Optimized shoulder design for even wear balance across the tire footprint;
- NanoPro-Tech compound to limit energy loss for improved rolling resistance;
- Fuel Saver Sidewall to absorb excess energy and help conserve fuel, both when new and retreaded;
- Patented Waved Belt Design to reduce casing growth and maintain a stable footprint;
- Patented Turn-In Ply design to reduce ply-end stress; and
- Stone Rejector Platforms to combat capture and retention of casing-damaging stones
Like all Bridgestone Ecopia tires, the new line of Greatec ultra widebase tires are compatible with Bandag FuelTech retreads. The Greatec M835A Ecopia tire and the Greatec R197 Ecopia tire are available in size 445/50R22.5.
For more information, visit: https://commercial.bridgestone.com