MiX Telematics, a global provider of fleet and mobile asset management solutions, has launched MiX Journey Management--the first journey risk management solution for US oil & gas companies that's integrated with a fleet management platform, so that fleet managers can access both capabilities from a single portal.
MiX Journey Management is designed for fleet operators seeking an easy and automated way to keep their drivers, passengers, and cargo safe and secure during transport on roads and highways, while reducing business risk related to journeys.
According to CDC data, motor vehicle crashes are the number one cause of occupational fatalities among oil & gas companies in the United States, accounting for more than 40% of deaths. MiX Journey Management is designed to help improve safety profiles and reduce crash risk for oil & gas companies by:
- Replacing error-prone, paper-based journey management processes with automated, electronic processes.
- Applying a proven business process involving journey requests, approvals and real-time monitoring.
- Enabling fleet managers to manage journeys from start to finish online, by exception, in real time.
- Enabling fleet managers to communicate with teams in the field in real time.
- Providing the tools fleet managers need to determine which journeys are necessary, and eliminating unnecessary, potentially unsafe journeys (for instance, those over long distances or through remote areas).
- Reducing staff required to run the company's journey anagement center.
MiX Journey Management features include exception-based notifications, road hazard assessment, configurable risk profile and approval processes, and robust reporting.
For more information, visit www.mixtelematics.com.